View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011   #225
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'm half happy. I'll be completely happy when he burns in hell. And who gives a flying **** about the football program when there are kids that have been raped? Let me guess, you'd be one of the ones covering this up with JoePa and Sandusky, right?

Well first of all, there's not much disagreement re: Sandusky, and therefore not much to discuss. I think if a band of vigilantes impaled the bastard on a pitchfork in front of PSU, we'd all cheer, to some degree or another. Paterno, on the other hand, seems to be getting a pass from certain posters. Paterno was an educator at PSU for over 60 years. He knew damn well what should have happened and he chose to wash his hands of it and hide from it. Assuming JoePa is not in on it, that's worse in some ways. It's one thing to see a deranged sicko doing awful things to children. At least you know what you're dealing with. But when a sane, supposedly upstanding community figure, authority figure, educator, and mentor enables something like this, it's worse in some ways.

I think Arsenal might be one of the ones to whom you refer. Personally, I have referred to Michael Jackson as America's Favorite Pedophile because of the things you've noted. I think you're probably attributing that to the wrong people, though. I've also referred to Karl Malone as a pedo every time I've been given cause to mention his name.
Great point on Karl Malone. How he somehow escaped that landmine that should have ran him out of the NBA at the time is sort of mind boggling when you think about it now. I forgot all about it myself, because it rarely ever even gets mentioned about the guy.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote