View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011   #224
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
I hope everyone whining for his firing is happy. The football program will suffer for many years to come.
I read this in an article and at least the Board has been swift with the hammer.
I'm half happy. I'll be completely happy when he burns in hell. And who gives a flying **** about the football program when there are kids that have been raped? Let me guess, you'd be one of the ones covering this up with JoePa and Sandusky, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
The thing that gets me about this case is that people are wanting to burn Joe Pa at the stake and the more I read into it, it does sound like he should have done more to get this coach out of there and anyone involved I'd say. Just skimming some of the pages in here, I"m finding out more and more and it's harder and harder to see the POV of some of the posters who want to defend Joe Pa. He wasn't the perpetrator though, and I can't believe that he is being WAY more talked about and burned here than the actual guy who did it.
Well first of all, there's not much disagreement re: Sandusky, and therefore not much to discuss. I think if a band of vigilantes impaled the bastard on a pitchfork in front of PSU, we'd all cheer, to some degree or another. Paterno, on the other hand, seems to be getting a pass from certain posters. Paterno was an educator at PSU for over 60 years. He knew damn well what should have happened and he chose to wash his hands of it and hide from it. Assuming JoePa is not in on it, that's worse in some ways. It's one thing to see a deranged sicko doing awful things to children. At least you know what you're dealing with. But when a sane, supposedly upstanding community figure, authority figure, educator, and mentor enables something like this, it's worse in some ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I wouldn't call them the fringe exception. I see more as a majority by far. I'm not arguing with your perspective though. I see exactly where you're coming from and understand your feelings here.
I think Arsenal might be one of the ones to whom you refer. Personally, I have referred to Michael Jackson as America's Favorite Pedophile because of the things you've noted. I think you're probably attributing that to the wrong people, though. I've also referred to Karl Malone as a pedo every time I've been given cause to mention his name.