View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011   #220
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
Understood. But keep in mind MJ fans that that make those arguments and get all the attention are more the fringe exception than the rule. Joe Paterno for 50+ years was a man who helped mold many great men both on and off the field. However somehow someway he lapsed severely in judgement and that lapse allowed Sandusky to continue hurting kids. There are others just a culpable but as football fans we have all come to expect more from a man like Joe Pa. This isnt some recruiting violation or booster scam that we can argue the severity of this is far worse. I still am amazed that these men Paterno, McQueary and others not only failed to get authorities involved in 2002 but have failed to do so in the almost decade since.
I think I posted something similiar earlier. One of the real issues here in this case, is that Paterno has been considered a 'BETTER" man than all but a few of us. Still at the end of day, the guy did the minimium and probably less than many, if not most of us would have done.