View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011   #219
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Unless you are going to go back and single out people who defended MJ and are now condemning JoePa to prove your point about specific people "flip flopping" then please drop these references.
I could name a few, but then I'm just picking a fight and trying to make people look bad. Not my intention here. I tried to stay away from this thread the last few days, but I can't escape the subject every time I turn on the tv, the radio, or come in here. The coverage is non stop.

I hear about Jackson every day though with this current trial going on with hundreds of his supporters crying and celebrating this man and could care less about what facts were existent. I don't hear anyone in here mentioning that and their disgust for how much a pedophile is worshiped every day where that trial has been going on. Bag on Joe Pa for turning a blind eye if you want, but don't turn right around and do the same with these other entertainers who have done much worse and have actually been perpetrators of crimes like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
Understood. But keep in mind MJ fans that that make those arguments and get all the attention are more the fringe exception than the rule. Joe Paterno for 50+ years was a man who helped mold many great men both on and off the field. However somehow someway he lapsed severely in judgement and that lapse allowed Sandusky to continue hurting kids. There are others just a culpable but as football fans we have all come to expect more from a man like Joe Pa. This isnt some recruiting violation or booster scam that we can argue the severity of this is far worse. I still am amazed that these men Paterno, McQueary and others not only failed to get authorities involved in 2002 but have failed to do so in the almost decade since.

I wouldn't call them the fringe exception. I see more as a majority by far. I'm not arguing with your perspective though. I see exactly where you're coming from and understand your feelings here.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote