View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011   #197
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Likewise. I finally read this thing and it wasn't easy. I am convinced as well.

Immensely disturbing stuff going on here. It looks more like a cabal of powerful people doing everything they can to keep the university looking good. The story around Paterno rings more of people providing a "legend" with plausible deniability than anything else (and doing a poor job of it at that).

I'm firmly in the "Knew or didn't know intentionally" camp.
I have no doubt that he knew.

Paterno himself testified that he told Curley "that the graduate assistant had seen Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy."

Those are his words.

He might not have known specific details, but he damn sure knew that a young boy was being molested by Sandusky in the shower. His own testimony confirms his guilt.

In light of this, I cannot believe the school will trot that old bastard out there at a football game and hundreds of moronic students continue to pep rally for him. It's a sad, sad world.