View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011   #195
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
All right. I've been wavering on the idea that Paterno could have been kept in the dark. This convinces me he had to know unless he deliberately avoided knowing. The in-person visit by witness and father was something I wasn't aware of. I've been reading summaries and didn't see that detail.

The more data I see, the more confounded I am that this could happen. It's pathetic.
Likewise. I finally read this thing and it wasn't easy. I am convinced as well.

Immensely disturbing stuff going on here. It looks more like a cabal of powerful people doing everything they can to keep the university looking good. The story around Paterno rings more of people providing a "legend" with plausible deniability than anything else (and doing a poor job of it at that).

I'm firmly in the "Knew or didn't know intentionally" camp.