View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011   #175
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

The more I read about this, the more angry I become.

Everyone wants to crucify Paterno - rightly so. He needs to retire immediately.

But almost everyone is forgetting that a grown man saw the rape in the showers and all he did was turn his back on the 10 year old boy and walk back to his office and call his Dad instead of the police. Then waited till the next day to call Paterno who also waited a day to call the AD.

Why aren't more calling for his resignation also.

They talk about integrity and honor at Penn State. But there is none. All each and everyone of them were doing was trying to protect the University from a scandal. It would have been over and done with, if they had just called the police at that time. They would have been thought of as heros to stop this back in 2002.

In this day and age, it will be a long long time before the dust settles. JoePa now has a not so stellar reputation. The school and it leaders will be looked upon as men trying to save their reputations instead of trying to save young boys from a sexual predator.

I still cannot understand how a grown man can turn his back and walk away from a young boy being sodomized.