View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011   #170
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I can't place my hand on the link (got to work), but the indications are that the GA and his Dad were graphic in describing the situation to Joe Pa. This very he said versus he said, as such it is always hard if not impossible to prove.
I understand. Everything I've seen has said otherwise. Like I said in one of my first posts in this thread it's going to be nearly impossible to know for certain what was said and what Paterno knew is the single most important thing about this as far as his actions are concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Being old is a ridiculous excuse - if anything that lends to the question why the hell an 84 year old is running a top Division 1 program.

9 years ago he made a morally bankrupt choice. Did he break the law? No. Did he break laws of simple and basic decency? Hell yes.

I don't want to rag on him. I simply want him gone. Its Sandusky and the administration that chose to cover this all up that I want behind bars.
I want him gone too and think waiting until the end of the year is a mistake. The sooner he steps down the sooner they can tear it all down and start over and they're going to have to start over no matter what happened.

I don't think being old is a ridiculous excuse though. I think it's the only perfectly plausible excuse on the table. Being an old "legend" there puts him in a position where people don't want to tell him bad news. People don't want to upset him. People are hesitant to bring things like this to him. People insulate and protect figures like that.

Sometimes.

Maybe he did screw up. He's saying as much now and saying that he wishes he'd pursued it further. I just don't think it's inconcievable that Paterno didn't get the full story. It's possible. That's all I'm saying. Doesn't change the fact that now it's a moot point and he needs to step down.