View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011   #163
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24274 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
He is old and I have personally seen where older folks in the work place just there doing their thing in the background without knowing what is going on from within. I would not doubt that at all in this case. Joe has been leagally cleared here and yet people just want to rag on him I almost want to send him a letter of support myself. What we have here is the public becoming morally tied to the victims and not looking at this story as an outsider.

I am looking at this story as an outsider. He did what he legally should have done by notifying his superiors. But he also did not notify the police. He should have known the school did not notify the police when no one came to talk to him from the police dept or the state police or even the campus police.

For the "Integrity" of the school and himself he should have called the police when he was told of the incident. For a man with supposedly much integrity, he did not do what a man should have done. As a result other boys were abused.

I fault the grad-assistant coach even more as he just turned his back and did not stop it or call the police either.

Both men knew what was going on and neither went out of their way to stop it. That to me is the kicker.