View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011   #143
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
You are correct but I'm not against taking the next step. That next step is a personal choice because he doesn't have to do so. I'm not trying to sound like I'm condemning the idea of notifying the authorities and if I am then I sincerely apologize. My point was he may haven't met his moral responsibility but morality is subjective because what's moral for one may not be for another. The bare mininum was met therefore I don't think he should be legally punished.
Well, the next question is legally punished by whom? If the NCAA, who gets all in a tizzy if a booster so much as leaves a tip at a dinner table when going to dinner with a player thinks this is OK, I'm gonna hurl. A coach is supposed to be responsible for the actions of his players AND staff. If he can be fined / fired for minor offenses, where in the hell does allowing sodomy of a child fall?

You can't take back what happened to these kids, but you CAN try to make it "right".