View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011   #123
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
You are correct but I'm not against taking the next step. That next step is a personal choice because he doesn't have to do so. I'm not trying to sound like I'm condemning the idea of notifying the authorities and if I am then I sincerely apologize. My point was he may haven't met his moral responsibility but morality is subjective because what's moral for one may not be for another. The bare mininum was met therefore I don't think he should be legally punished.
Actually, I believe you are wrong. The State of Pennsylvania has a code that requires all school personnel to report child abuse. Joe Paterno as a coach of a publicly funded state university would fall under this mandatory requirement. He failed to report this to the proper authorities within the required 48 hour time period. By the way, the Athletic Director is not considered the proper authority. I hope that charges will be filed on these grounds.