View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011   #118
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
I agree that the program should get the death penalty by the NCAA and the banned period should be longer than SMU (which was technically 1 year but SMU decided to sit out the next year). I also agree that people will and should go to prison let alone jail.

However, Paterno shouldn't and I'm only speaking about Paterno and always have been. Now, yes I am a cousin of young children but no matter because I'm not one to put myself in another's shoes. Though, I will call the authorities in that situation if I witness such things. However, Paterno fulfilled his legal responsibility and by me calling the police I would have beyond what I was legally supposed to do. People are confusing morals with the law.
My turn to nitpick what you are saying. There is also no law against your calling the police. You make it sound like he would have been doing something wrong by taking the next step. He may not be legally culpable, but he still should have made the call.