View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011   #113
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
I agree that the program should get the death penalty by the NCAA and the banned period should be longer than SMU (which was technically 1 year but SMU decided to sit out the next year). I also agree that people will and should go to prison let alone jail.

However, Paterno shouldn't and I'm only speaking about Paterno and always have been. Now, yes I am a cousin of young children but no matter because I'm not one to put myself in another's shoes. Though, I will call the authorities in that situation if I witness such things. However, Paterno fulfilled his legal responsibility and by me calling the police I would have beyond what I was legally supposed to do. People are confusing morals with the law.
Personally I'm not confusing morals with the law. I'm disappointed and outraged with the morality of the people trusted to protect the children. I don't give a crap about hiding behind technicalities in the law - That's what morally vacant people do....and that's what the outrage is about. Moral vacancy. There is no confusion on my behalf.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote