View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011   #112
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
I agree that the program should get the death penalty by the NCAA and the banned period should be longer than SMU (which was technically 1 year but SMU decided to sit out the next year). I also agree that people will and should go to prison let alone jail.

However, Paterno shouldn't and I'm only speaking about Paterno and always have been. Now, yes I am a cousin of young children but no matter because I'm not one to put myself in another's shoes. Though, I will call the authorities in that situation if I witness such things. However, Paterno fulfilled his legal responsibility and by me calling the police I would have beyond what I was legally supposed to do. People are confusing morals with the law.
You're entitled to your opinion and I'm not going to bash you, there looks like enough here to take care of that. I'll tell you I strongly disagree - Paterno's legal responsibility is one thing, but the man spouting off for decades about his love of god and caring for kids. If that were all true, he goes to the authorities and turns in his friend, realizing how sick that person may have been.

He's lost a lot, if not all of his credibility/legacy, and believe me, that's ALWAYS been all he's ever cared about. The man is frigging 84 years old and still coaching - even Bobby Bowden gave in and moved on, kicking and screaming.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote