View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011   #79
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I would have called because that is just who I am but I would have just done the right thing just by telling school authorities. I still have respect for Joe and feel people are jumping the gun without all the facts.
A large part of the issue is that Paterno has been for 50 years, not just been portrayed as a great football coach, but as one of the best men ever. He ran his program the "right way" graduating students and giving back huge sums of money to Penn State.

So when it came down to the saint of a man who literally has images built in his honor having to make a tough decision on how to proceed, what did he do?

The absolute minimium which legally covers his rearend. (We do know this). Turns out that guy who was held up as someone to emulate repeatedly was at the end of the day in a really tough moment, no different than just some other guy. ...doing no more than he had to do.