View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011   #48
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
I have a 12 yr old son . Every time I hear this I think of the emotional damage these kids went thru. A man they thought highly of abused them then everyone in the community abused them again by keeping quiet. A high school janitor staff caught him in the act a collge staff caught him in the act and a mother was informed by her son after being curious why her sons hair was wet. This charity org he was a part of worked with troubled kids im assuming with these kids thier parents were easily paid off due to drug abuse or social standing and the charity worked with special needs kids, kids that mentally werent able to speak out about what was happening. I have 4 children 21yr old son - 12 yr old son - 8 yr old daughter - 5 yr old son. And this may sound bad or sheltering but my kids have never stayed the night at another adults home period. I dont let them go on trips. I dont trust anything Church events, Cub scout events I dont let my children out of my sight because these days as soon as you let down your gaurd your children suffer. Sorry about the long Rant.
Don't apologize for that rant. I know I can count on my hand the number of non-relatives houses I stayed as a kid. and most of those were when I was a teenager with guys who had sat and had multiple conversations with my Dad. My dad had a life-long single male friend that I was never allowed to be at his house more than hour or so alone. I could go on and on about some the limitiations that my parentplaced to protect me, but You get the point. I told my wife about your post and she agreed that we would closer to your attitude than not if we had children.