View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The Elephant in the room (Kubiak's November record)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I wasn't encouraged that on two separate 3rd and 1 situations we ran the ball right up the middle and got stuffed both times.

Any other game, vs. any other opponent and I think those two failed 3rd and 1 failures might lead to the other team taking advantage and scoring some sort of points. The Jags offense is so weak and anemic that they couldn't do anything with it. Other teams' offense might fare better with the two ensuing possessions off those failed 3rd & 1 plays of ours.
I don't know that we don't pick up that yard against a lesser defense.

Gotta give them some credit. Kick our HC & OC in the gnads for calling the plays, especially after what we did vs Tennessee the week before. But that's a good defense & they did their job.

Quote:
People are also dismissing Blount too easily, IMO. He is a bruiser. He has shift in his hips and sees the field and knows how to run. He's EXACTLY the kind of RB who could run wild on our 34 defense. Freeman is a mobile guy, a big guy too. This game scares me also.
We've faced three of the best runners this year & did a pretty good job of it. DMC, Ray Rice, & MJD. Blount is just another, I'm not too worried about him. It's a team game & their team is going to have to beat our team, Blount won't do it alone, he's not that kind of back.
Quote:
The Jax game does not scare me in the least bit, not even with it being in Jax. This year, we sweep our divisional foes...but will it offset what I think will be failures against non-divisional opponents that I think COULD happen if we fall asleep and teams "get up" for the Texans????
They play Indy then Cleveland... They will be 5-6 when we see them in Jax. They beat Baltimore at home, on turnovers & pressuring the QB. They really don't have a bad loss on their schedule. We're not going to win out the rest of the season. It would be a mistake (imo) to sleep on the Jags at home.