View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011   #25
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Elephant in the room (Kubiak's November record)

It's a strange thing to see a franchise trend like the Texans have for the past several seasons. The November curse, the 5-7 thing four years in a row, the tale of two halves as a running theme...

But this season does feel different. Our defense is making plays. They are disrupting rhythms, creating opportunities, and showing a passion that we have never seen from a Texans defense.

If they had hired another FOG (friend of Gary) as DC, I think the trend would continue. However, I honestly think Wade brings something to the franchise that balances out whatever it is that Gary does/does not do during the November stretch. And unless this franchise has been cursed by some mystical force and all that jazz, I think the defense will ultimately save the day and win at least 2 games in November.

A 7-4 record going into December would be historic for this franchise. It would be the first time in a decade for the Texans (and 17 years for Houston fans) that football mattered in December.

They just have to run the November gauntlet...