View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011   #23
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Elephant in the room (Kubiak's November record)

I wasn't encouraged that on two separate 3rd and 1 situations we ran the ball right up the middle and got stuffed both times.

Any other game, vs. any other opponent and I think those two failed 3rd and 1 failures might lead to the other team taking advantage and scoring some sort of points. The Jags offense is so weak and anemic that they couldn't do anything with it. Other teams' offense might fare better with the two ensuing possessions off those failed 3rd & 1 plays of ours.

The Browns game, to me, feels like the Raiders game all over again. A team we should handle, without any sort of dynamic QB (McCoy is sorta' like Campbell), in our house, it just sort of spooks me a bit.

People are also dismissing Blount too easily, IMO. He is a bruiser. He has shift in his hips and sees the field and knows how to run. He's EXACTLY the kind of RB who could run wild on our 34 defense. Freeman is a mobile guy, a big guy too. This game scares me also.

The Jax game does not scare me in the least bit, not even with it being in Jax. This year, we sweep our divisional foes...but will it offset what I think will be failures against non-divisional opponents that I think COULD happen if we fall asleep and teams "get up" for the Texans????

I dunno. We will be either (A) 3-0 in November, (B) 2-1, or (C) 1-2. We won't be 0-3, but I can see us falling asleep on teams in Nov and being 2-1 or at worse 1-2. The Browns game is huge. It starts with that one.