View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Elephant in the room (Kubiak's November record)

In the past the Texans looked outcoached come November. At this time of the year teams have plenty of tape to review and I think that this team doesn't have near as many coaching flaws on defense and Wade has the ability to hide weak players without taking away from the teams strengths. "Finishing" is a theme this year, but "finishing" is merely being opportunistic, aggressive and outmaneuvering the rival coach. I think Kubiak was a slave to his conventions and that hurt him. What I mean by that is that is that he would do stuff like run right into the teeth of the defense on 4th down with a less physical zone blocking unit that had defenders in every gap and pass up a chip shot FG then go on to lose by a point. At the end of the game Kubiak would just rationalize some talking point about how you have to be able to get a yard. Well, that's all great in theory but rationalizations don't get the yard or the win. I think Kubiak still doesn't make great strategic decisions, but it seems like he has learned a little with all his failures....either that or I'm just drinking a little too much of the kewl-aide.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote