View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011   #400
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
If KJ was playing zone, he wouldn't have had a full hip turn and sprinting with his man so early in the play. I think he was expecting help that wasn't there though.
If you are in man coverage, expecting safety help to the inside, it makes sense to allow the WR to pass you to the inside. He did nothing wrong.

However, I believe Manning crossed his face well before Smith challenged him deep. If Kj sees #38 in front of him, he should know he has no help & adjust. He's screwed, since the possible routes Smith can run from this moment is limit less, he's got to make a decision & go with it. I can't think of any decision he should have made that would over-rule staying deeper than the receiver.