View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011   #394
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'm thinking I didn't agree with it. The start of the breakdown was on the middle linebacker since he was playing zone while everyone was in man. Manning reacted to the crossing target as nobody was covering him while KJ started with a gargantuan cushion but still ended up in trail. I'd say there were 3 breakdowns on that snap.
Oh, I agree about Cushing.
I read your posts earlier about that play.
I wanted to add to the analysis and what I understand from Wade's playbook (Falcons 2003).
Cushing was supposed to trail the TE.

The WR made a good adjustment.
As I understood, a post route is declared earlier than a corner route.
KJ has to wait for that before he should squeeze (a yard or two further.)

Had Manning get off the TE sooner, Jackson would be able to take over the duty. It would probably still result in a catch, but it should be for a much shorter gain.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote