View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011   #303
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 49584 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: im done with schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I just wished the guy showed some fire and passion for the game. he seems so methodical and unemotional out there.
And this is the argument that I'll never understand.

Oh, I get a lot of the arguments against Schaub (whether I agree or disagree); but this one? No. What is Schaub supposed to do? Throw tantrums like Rivers? Lead an insane pre-game voodoo huddle like Brees?

I'm just not sure what sort of "fire" he's supposed to show on the sidelines, or what sort of facial expressions he is supposed to wear? Indeed, I think this topic is a prime example of couch-cuddling fans projecting their inner fantasies of the star athlete winthin themselves whose dreams of touchdowns and glory went as far south as their beer guts. Soft in the middle. Middle-aged treasures.

Or, look at it from another angle. I think Johnny Unitas, Bob Griese, Roger Staubach and Lenny Dawson, just to name a few, went pretty far as damn good QBs with faces so soft you could roast them over a fire between some chocolate and graham crackers.