View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011   #300
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: im done with schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Schaub didn't suck today.

He didn't step up and do anything special, but he wasnt awful.
This is where I'm at. I don't think he is a bad QB, I know he's got limitations, but he fits this system pretty well(I wish he'd come out of his roll a little faster on those bootlegs).

Sometimes, he looks like a warrior.... those last two drives in the Oakland game.. & sometimes he doesn't.

But we know all too well, if our pass rush doesn't get to the passer, the pass defense can only last so long... & all most of the time all you need is a split second. But when the team is struggling, we need him to get that extra second. Side step the rush, step up in the pocket, do something.

I mentioned this about Schaub back in 2008. 2009, he stepped up, the whole team did (that was the year Andre was bowling people over to get into the endzone). He looked like he had it. He was making plays from the pocket, when he left the pocket his eyes were down field & he was looking to make a play, not get out of bounds.

Now, it looks like he's saying, "Whew, I've done enough on this play, let me chunk it....." even though it's 3rd down.

Last year, when we got behind, Matt put the team on his shoulders several times, & made shit happen. The Skins game, the Chiefs, The Baltimore game.... he was in the zone, he was the guy we need him to be. Prevent defense, blah, blah, blah we came back to win those games (excluding the Ravens') & you don't play prevent when the game gets close.

So we know he's got it in him. We just need to see him let it out. That guy was elite. This chump we've seen this year, not so much.