View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Random Thought of the Day

Sam Bradford has a high ankle sprain

And Jerry Jones is talking again

Quote:
Garrett puts tight leash on Romo down stretch

“When you get in a situation like that, you’ve got to go for the kill,” Jones told Y! Sports shortly before leaving the Cowboys’ locker room. “I felt like we could’ve been more aggressive. Our defense had been good all day, but you knew Brady had a length-of-the-field drive in him – so it didn’t surprise me at all when he took them down at the end.”

If Garrett, who has been a head coach for less than a year, was scared that Romo would blow this game, he made a major miscalculation. By treating his quarterback like an irresponsible teenager lobbying to take the family car on a road trip, Garrett – and not Romo – was the one who gagged under pressure.

That’s because while many critics bash Romo as a second-tier quarterback whose penchant for making brutal mistakes at key moments is an insuperable flaw, Jones still believes the 31-year-old passer possesses greatness. The owner demonstrated his commitment four years ago with a six-year, $67.4 million contract extension through the 2013 season. He reaffirmed that faith on Sunday evening, just two weeks removed from Romo’s miserable second half against the Detroit Lions that resulted in the biggest collapse in franchise history.

“I do have complete confidence in him making throws at the end of a ballgame,” Jones said. “We’ve been burned a couple of times this year, but I still like his chances in those situations.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...garrett_101711
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote