View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011   #378
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree with this. 76, even if you're right & that was cover 4 the diagram shows Kj over the top, where Joseph is supposed to jam & trail.

I'm ok with saying Manning screwed the pooch, maybe he thought the LB was supposed to widen out to cover the under on the TEs route, figured he'd be ok since Kj got the deep half. Then he noticed Kj was standing next to him & tried to recover.

But Kj was beat whether that was man or cover4. There's no way Smith should have been allowed behind him.

Over all, I think Kareem had a good game. 3 mistakes, 4 at the most. Two of them really hurt us.

If our offense put up 25 points, chewed up some clock, it wouldn't have hurt so bad.
I understand, trust me, I do, but at some point you have to do your job. There isn't one play designed to give it up. Knowing your opponet is also a huge facet of the game. Torrey has shown the ability to run anything on the route tre other than a fly route or post. Jackson gave him a huge cushion because of his speed,like 7 yards. On a post route the stem is normally at 12-15 yds. Once in his back pedal and smith is closing, the stem comes. Because jackson can't open his hips wthout losing speed, once the stem came, the distance was created. If jackson had route recognitionor closing burst, flacco probably never throws that pass because flacco never throws a guy open. The window was there in the lag and now people are talking about manning biting a teaser route. In the nfl, you can't hide poor cb unless you have 85 bears pass rush.