View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011   #57
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Offense and Schaub, Poor Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
I heard on the radio MS can be successful only if all the planets align. Well the planets aren't aligned in the Texans offense. Let's look more closely. Even when 110% MS is not the most mobile QB. MS is not the most durable QB. MS not great arm stength. The Texans' line is not the most dominant line. The lack of mobility (especially last week against the Jets, ankle) of MS means that he can't buy any time and make something happen unlike some other QB's that are able to scramble and allow the receivers to create. Therefore we can't utilize AJ physical talents on a busted play. This is even made worse because MS can't affford to take a hit, unlike some QB's that can stay in the pocket until the last second and let the play develope. If we had a QB that could take a hit we would gain some time, or if we had a QB that could scramble and buy some time we could maybe make some conpletions and maybe come up with the big play. We have the receivers to do this but due to the above factors we were unable to do this last week against the Jets. That is why the offense was so pitiful. I understand the PROBLEM is our offensive line. But our offensive line may be just what is was last week for the entire season. The more i write the more depressed I become. The defense only needs to shut down AJ with double coverage and get after MS and we have last week's outcome again this week. I guess what I am getting at is if MS is not healthy and mobile and Kubiak is determined to play MS no matter what like last week, we will have a repeat of last week. I was a Kubiak fan until last week. His inability to get the team up and prepared along with the POOR judgement in playing MS really makes me wonder. I guess getting back to the title, with our Oline we would be better off with a very mobile QB or a QB that can take a hit every once in a while. We have neither in MS. Would appreciate comment that give me some hope. thanks
2009 posted
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote