View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011   #314
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rookie CB a quick comparison - KJ vs Patrick Peterson and others

The next one is McCourty, whom a few of the TT board members brought up (in hindsight) when they "declared" that the Texans picked the wrong guy.

I had talked of McCourty and his limited role in the Pats D last year as a cover 2 corner.
Due to his limited role, and the protection they gave him, McCourty "looked" good in quite a few instances (which prompted the "love").

This year, they don't babysitting him hardly anymore, and he struggled mightily.
So far, at least 4 TD passes can be attributed directly to McCourty this year.
I'm not quite sure about the coverage on another one so I won't mention it.

He has 3 PDS and 29 solos (ie., got thrown on a lot.)

Here's something about him from nfl.com
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...sponsibilities

"Scouts look at Nnamdi Asomugha's deployment in Philly, and scratch their heads. Up I-95, changes in the assignments of another corner, second-year Patriot Devin McCourty, have led to serious growing pains.

As a result, both players have taken steps back -- Asomugha because he's playing more zone and more often off receivers, and McCourty because Bill Belichick and Co. are varying his responsibilities and leaning harder on him with less help to his side."
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote