View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Matt Schaub, Pattern Unlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Is it Schaub or is it the fact that Kubiak doesn't coach well on the fly and is frequently outcoached once teams make adjustments to our game plans?
This will be my 3rd season on the Fire Kubiak bandwagon, AKA Pink Soap Brigade. So I'm no fan of Kubiak, to be sure. And while I think that there's certainly an element of what you're saying, I keep stumbling on the fact that the halves alternate. So in odd-numbered years they come out and score TDs on the opening drive and play competitively in the first half, but then come out flat after the half. But in even-numbered years, they come out flat to start the game and then make halftime adjustments that work. WTF is that all about?

I think we've more or less seen what Schaub is, and that would be OK except for this growing disparity between "Good Matt" and "Bad Matt". Every QB has good stretches and bad stretches, and they're obviously affected by a hundred factors in the game. But for the extremes that Schaub is displaying, and the disparity is getting worse each year, that's on Matt to a large degree. It's exacerbated by a ton of different things, obviously, but I have to point to Schaub on that.