View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208045 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Matt Schaub, Pattern Unlocked

I think I've figured it out! Matt Schaub only plays half the football game well, and it alternates year-by-year. in 2007, he posted a QB rating of 92.0 in the first half and 80.8 in the second half. There's some disparity there, but it was his first year as a starter, so he was just getting it going. In 2008, he posted a 1st half QB rating of 87.6 and a 2nd half of 97.7. The wobble is getting bigger, and now the 2nd half is better than the 1st. In 2009, he posted a 1st half rating of 109.3 and a 2nd half rating of 87.6. So again, the reversal of halves and the disparity is growing. Last year, 2010, we all remember the miserable 1st halves and incredible 2nd halves, so there's no surprise to see that trend supported by the rating. His 1st half rating was a dismal 79.3, while his 2nd half rating was 103.9. So this year, if the trend continues, we should expect to see a high 1st half rating and a poor 2nd half rating. Well, we're only 5 games in, so we'll have to see how it turns out at the end of the season, but so far, he has a stellar 109.6 rating in the first half, while posting an absolutely miserable 71.1 rating in the second half. So we may have an entire season of this to look forward to, if you believe in trends.

I actually looked up his stats quarter-by-quarter on NFL.com and throughout his career, in alternate years, his worst quarters of football have come in the 1st and 3rd quarters. This year has broken the trend somewhat because he's merely bad in the 3rd quarter, with a 78.5 rating so far. His 4th quarter rating so far this year is 67.0. He's going to have to flip flop his 3rd and 4th quarter numbers if he wants his trend to continue.

Some of this post was intended to be taken facetiously. I leave it to the reader to figure it out.