View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004   #32
done88
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __V__
I just saw the segment. It was "fact or fiction" and the question was simply, "do the Texans win 6 games"? Ditka never said some of the things I read here. SS took the "fact" and Ditka took the "fiction". All he said was we didn't plug our holes and won't win the 6 games and we will be at the same level as we were last year. If you don't like Ditka just revel in the fact that he is wrong and we can likely prove it. Some of us are kinda stretching the truth about what he is saying aren't we? That is about as weak as his insight.
Ditka not only took the fiction but he also said the Texans are going nowhere and would continue to go nowhere. He did not simply take the fiction and say it may take a little longer for the Texans to develop. He siad the Texans continue to use stop Gaps. Which makes absolutly no sense. The Texans continue address their holes with young talented men that they intend to hold down the positions for years to come. Not some has been who used to be a great player who is past his prime. The team that uses stop gaps is the Raiders. Ditka does not like a team stockpiled with talent he wants a bunch of people who are blue collar type guys. He assumes that the talented guys don't have good work ethic and that is what hurt the Saints. He took a shot at the Texans management. The fans need to tell him where to go.