View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011   #26
Ckw

Default Re: The "Should I do this trade thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I would take Big ben/Flacco and Marshall and go after Brees/Stafford/Vick/Newton. Just propose a trade to anyone with one of those guys who needs another WR. You can afford to give up Marshall with Moss and Decker to play in your #2 spot. Just make sure you don't get a mediocre QB like Schaub, McCoy or Campbell for this deal. Hopefully you can hook someone who likes the name of Marshall.

Also, if Victor Cruz is on the wire, I'd grab him if you can make room. I think he's going to be big in the future given the lack of WRs for the Giants.
I don't see how there is anyway in the world I can get Brees or Stafford or Vick for that combo. I'd feel stupid even offering that trade (no offense man). QBs are just too valuable in this league. In fact, they are probably the most valuable position (other than RB of course) since they get 6 points per TD instead of 4.

So I've narrowed my search down to Cam Newton. The guy that has him has not started him at all yet and has Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, and Matt Schaub (ridiculous I know to have that many QBs).

So I'm trying to decide what I should be willing to give up for him. He IS a rookie and I don't want to break the bank. Obviously, my untouchables in a deal like this are Run-DMC, LeSean McCoy, Fitz, and probably Owen Daniels. That leaves me with being able to offer some combination of Ahmad Bradshaw, Daniel Thomas, Brandon Marshall, Santana Moss, Eric Decker, Denarius Moore, and Flacco or Roesthlisberger (if he wants another QB for some crazy reason).

So with that said, what is basically the max I should give up? Right now, I have an offer out there of Daniel Thomas and the Philly D for Cam Newton and the Lions D. Obviously, I want to start with a lower value trade (although it still is a decent trade since he isn't starting Cam or the Lions as he has the Ravens D and has been starting Eli Manning) as his RBs are Chris Johnson and Jonathan Stewart. Pretty weak.

Anyway, if he counters, what is the max I should be willing to give up? I am thinking Ahmad Bradshaw or Santana Moss are the max I'd be willing to give. Marshall is possibly too valuable, IMO, and the guy is strong at WR.