View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011   #25
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where are all the Chris Myers threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
I agree that Myers has really been a stellar center now for us. While I am sure he has improved and the talent around him has definitely improved, I think a lot more of it had to do with negative perception than negative play. I think a lot of people just remember the 1 play where Kris Jenkins ran over Myers, but there is a reason everyone else double teamed that guy.

The ZBS is usually run by undersized lineman that can move, as it prefers the ability to get out and run over size. However, that means that when you have some monstrous human being (aka Jenkins) and you blow the blocking assignment (no way Kubiak planned Myers to solo block him) and leave your small-ish center alone, he is going to be made to look like a fool.
OK, what if a D had TWO D-Linemen that big???

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote