View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Should I do this trade thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Since Jamaal Charles went out I have a problem at HB. Right now my 2 starters are Beanie Wells (just had a great game but injury prone) and Cedric Benson who might be out for 3 weeks. Behind them I have Michael Bush and just picked up Stevan Ridley.

Now, my depth at WR is pretty good with Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Marhsall, Steve Smith (Car), Plaxico Burress, Devin Hester and Michael Crabtree. I just got offered the following trade:

Rashard Mendenhall for Hakeem Nicks

I am on the fence. I never liked Mendenhall and so far he had a subpar season and left the last game with a hamstring injury. On the other hand he was projected to be a fantasy powerhouse this season and as far as I know a second round pick in most leagues. What would you do?
Absolutely not. Nicks is having a great year. Top 10 WR so far, whereas Mendenhall is having a terrible year behind a sketchy O-line.

Now you do need some RB help obviously. I suggest you drop a WR on your bench and pickup B Scott who's behind Benson. He will be your handcuff and fill-in during Benson's absence. That will help bolster one RB position a bit.

As far as the trade goes, see if you can give up a bench WR for Mendenhall - Plax or Crabtree would be ideal. Assuming you start only 2 WRs, a guy like Marshall may be able to net you a decent RB like Michael Turner, Peyton Hillis, Frank Gore or Javid Best. Best just had a bad game, so a fickle owner may be willing to trade him.