View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011   #10
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: The "Who should I sign and drop" thread

He's been the flavor of the season to me. I've been high on him since watching him in preseason, he's going to get targets, and he has reliable hands and big play ability, when his QB is not facing an elite pass D (Jets) and has to worry about McFadden, he'll get plenty of opportunities, especially now that DHB and Jacoby Ford are missing time with injuries.
They play the pats in week 4, and they fall into that catagory, which will make him a good flex or WR3 option, then us, then the browns, chiefs, broncos, chargers, then probably a bad plays against the Vikings, Bears, then finishes out the season against Packers, Lions, KC, and the Chargers. The schedule is very receiver friendly especially during the FF playoff time frame. I wasn't expecting him to breakout last week, I really thought it was going to happen week 4 in a much lower tone and continue on through the season with steadily increasing fantasy production.

Its also like he came out of nowhere, yes last week was his biggest week so far, but during preseason he was one of the leading receivers in targets on his team, and that was before they were down to just 3 WR's, he also had a strong week 1 performance. They have 4 banged up receivers, and in oakland, every season a new receiver comes away as the #1, one year it was Chaz Schilens, another it was Louis Murphy. Another upside is he won't have to compete with TE Zach Miller for targets anymore. As Moore continues to do well (this weekend excluded) he will play himself into the starting lineup, and the other receivers are going to have knock him out of that spot, even if they eventually get healthy.

Remember though, think Flex/wr3 option as the season progresses, I'm not trying to make a case for him to be a larry fitzgerald