View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011   #3
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts fans are jumping off the bandwagon

Quote:
After all, there hasnít been a single athlete in my lifetime who has been more important to their team as Manning is to the Colts. Some would argue that LeBron James was more important to the Cavs, but my counterargument is that Manning actually brought Indianapolis a Super Bowl title while the only things LeBron brought to Cleveland were a receding hairline, betrayal, and a propensity to routinely waste a significant amount of powdered chalk. Others might argue that Michael Jordan was more important to the Toon Squad than Manning is to the Colts, but to be honest Iím not completely sold that Space Jam was actually a true story. (If you look closely at the scene where Jordan goes for the game-winning dunk, you can tell that his arm stretches out further than any human arm should ever be able to stretch ó thatís a dead giveaway that itís fake.) Simply put, for a lot of us fair-weather Colts fans, the Colts without Manning really arenít even the Colts at all. So I think weíre entirely justified in not exactly being gung-ho about cheering for Indianapolis this season. It really is like weíre watching a completely different team even though theyíre essentially only missing one guy.

I particularly enjoyed this bit. Nice find.