View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011   #29
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why the Texans will get a win against New Orleans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Do not take the Steelers for granted. That opening week beat down from the Ravens shouldn't be taken out of context. The Ravens literally unloaded everything they had against Pittsburgh much the same way we did to the Colts last season in week one and blew them off the field. The next week Pittsburgh returned to normal (slaughtering the Seahawks) and the Ravens came out flat and lifeless against the Titans. You can't read too much into either the Ravens/Steelers, Steelers/Seahawks, or Ravens/Titans games. They're all three related based on emotion.

The Steelers aren't as bad as they looked against Baltimore.
Baltimore isn't as bad as they looked against Tennessee.

Tennessee just happened to catch the Ravens at the right time. They aren't as good as they looked in that game either.

There's not a team in the next four weeks that can't beat us. We could just as easily be 2-4 as 6-0 if we think we have any of these teams number. Hopefully our defense keeps improving as they get more experience in the system under their belts and we get a few breaks along the way. I'd like to be 4-2 (but 5-1 would be better) when we play our next division game (Tennessee).
Absolute truth.
Repped.

I don't remember which player was quoting which coach, but I love the mindset the quote represents; it went something like... "We're trying to be 1-0 every week; that's our goal."

Don't look past anyone. Don't be in awe of anyone. Try to be 1-0 every week.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote