View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why the Texans will get a win against New Orleans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
I'm still cautiously optimistic. Hoping for a big W! If we pull this game off, then I expect us to be 6-0 after week 6. The Ravens lost to the freaking Titans for crying out loud. Pittsburg has already shown their vulnerability. The Raiders got ousted by the Bills. I'm thinking things seem to be falling into place for us. I believe a famous coach said won time, "Being a champ takes a whole lot of skill, but a lot more luck." If they didn't, they should have.
Do not take the Steelers for granted. That opening week beat down from the Ravens shouldn't be taken out of context. The Ravens literally unloaded everything they had against Pittsburgh much the same way we did to the Colts last season in week one and blew them off the field. The next week Pittsburgh returned to normal (slaughtering the Seahawks) and the Ravens came out flat and lifeless against the Titans. You can't read too much into either the Ravens/Steelers, Steelers/Seahawks, or Ravens/Titans games. They're all three related based on emotion.

The Steelers aren't as bad as they looked against Baltimore.
Baltimore isn't as bad as they looked against Tennessee.

Tennessee just happened to catch the Ravens at the right time. They aren't as good as they looked in that game either.

There's not a team in the next four weeks that can't beat us. We could just as easily be 2-4 as 6-0 if we think we have any of these teams number. Hopefully our defense keeps improving as they get more experience in the system under their belts and we get a few breaks along the way. I'd like to be 4-2 (but 5-1 would be better) when we play our next division game (Tennessee).