Thread: Bell Back
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans carried 10 DBs into Week 1 last year. Six corners and four safeties.

It's going to get tougher and tougher for the guys at the bottom of the depth chart to make the team and that's a good thing.

I see Glenn, Coleman, Robinson, Brown, Wright (if healthy), McCree, and Walker (if healthy) as locks or favorites to make the 53.

That leaves Burns, Earl, Simmons, Faggins, Vaughn, Lord, Duff, Freeman and Bell fighting for three spots.

Advantage goes to the guys who excel at special teams and those who are the smartest and most versatile. I liked what I saw from Faggins late last year. Vaughn can return kicks. Duff and Earl sound like they can make some noise. Bell is fast and a good special teamer but hasn't been the best in coverage.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote