View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011   #48
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 TexansTalk Survivor Pick 'em League!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
That's good advice and I tend to agree, but if you go far at all in this league you will have to be picking teams like Cleveland down the road. Looking at Cleveland's schedule the weakest team on it looked to be Cincinnati (possibly Seattle?). At home, and facing a team thought to be one of the worst who is starting a rookie QB, I took my chance with Cleveland. It didn't work out but any given Sunday, right? If you look at 'pick distribution' for survivor games the #2 & #4 highest picks both got beat this week & the #1 could have very easily.
While Cleveland's schedule seems hard later on, there are only 17 teams you'll need to be picking in this thing assuming it's for regular season only. That means you have 15 teams you won't ever touch. Cleveland will probably be one of them for me. Plus who knows what can happen later in the season to affect matches? Imagine saving the Packers because they have a seemingly easy matchup in week 11 against the Bucs at Green Bay...only to have Rodgers go down in week 10.

Then again, who am I? lol. These things are so up to chance it's crazy. Honestly, I didn't expect Cleveland to lose that game either. I had them picked in a straight pick'ems pool, but how 'bout dem Bengals. Like you said, any given Sunday.

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote