View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011   #169
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dallas area Texans fans (Gameday Hangout thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
Here is the list of folks I gathered from the thread and their relative locations. I also grabbed a list OzzO created on a previous thread. Correct any misinformation. I think something near The Highlands would be good, but a stretch for the Northies.

South
Texaninlild - Mansfield
ArlingtonTexan - Arlington
Texan JBZ - South DFW
Big Pouncake - Arlington

West
CretorFrigg - Ft Worth
grinch1134 - Ft Worth
Hoth-Boy - Keller

North
NTTexan - Richarson
Texans34Life - Frisco/McKinney/The Colony
thunderwolf - Denton
rvguy121 - Richardson
wagonhed - Denton

Central
The Pencil Neck - Flower Mound
Big Tex 13 - Carrolton

cj5776 - ?

From OzzO:
Locations in DFW-

Twin Peaks - Arlington
Bone Daddy's - Dallas though I can't tell if they have the games there.
Wizard's Sports cafe - Richardson - 2nd WIN Det home game, good size and pool tables
Buffalo Wild Wings - Irving, Addison, Lewisville - Indy home game in Irving, good place.

... the search continues. Let me know if any (or all) of those meet your fancy. And where the heck is A-Tx?

Found a few more alternatives listed in the '07 DFW watch party thread.

Big Johnson's beer garden - Dallas
Buffalo Joes - Dallas - Browns game - WIN, good "strip center" sports bar
TNT Sports Page - Addison though this seems to be Viking fans homebase
Frankie's Bar - uptown Dallas - 3rd WIN in a row! Cincinnati home game - better than MAT, packed with 'boy fans
Varsity Club - Plano

some more...
Bailey's 1st & 10 - Highland Park
Industry Bar - Richardson
McKinney Ave Tavern - uptown Dallas - Pit game, good place, but you'd think more than one waitress for Sundays
Ten Sports Grill - downtown dallas - Jag away game - good place, but all the smoking Saint fans go there
Wild Turkey- Dallas

Others suggested / found.....
Cafe Gecko - Addison
Ker's Wing House - Dallas Miami home game - 1st WIN (good juju)
Texan Station - Grapevine
Flips Grill - Grapevine - Titan away game, good food and service. 2nd visit - Min away
Bobby V - Arlington
No Frills - Arlington
I would not be opposed to a place near or in the Highlands...

I have been to Pluckers and while they have the game, they pre-select the screens for the games so we may or may not get a good one. Not sure whatelse is sports barish versus a bar with tv sets around there though.

Bobby V is just a couple of exits away as an option.

Edit: For those South or don't care about driving, I go to No Frills in Mansfiled for the game and as my neighborhood bar. It is already a heavy Cowboys/Saints bar, but friendly enough where a few more Texans fans would fit right in. That's my plan most weeks unless we can agree trying on take over somewhere in the area.