View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011   #15
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Another "Rate My Draft" Thread w/ Poll

I give it a B-, for some of the reasons already given. Like you said about the first 3 rounds of my draft, I repeat the same to you. Its absolutely rediculous McFadden was available in the middle of round 3 in a PPR league. Even if it is .5 PPR. Turner, Vincent Jackson, and Mike Wallace all went too early IMO. Having the luxury of choosing between LeSean McCoy and Ray Rice at pick 5 is a gift. Honestly there is no wrong pick there, even though I have Ray Rice rated higher, Lesean McCoy is really freaking close. I would have got with Santana Moss 1 round earlier, but it didn't matter cuz you got him later anyway, so thats another bump in points.

I knocked you for the Defense, Meacham, Owen Daniels, and LT. I'll take flack for saying it, but here are my reasons. The Defense stick has been beaten to death already. Buuuut, if you had taken the 9ers you would have had a great week 1 matchup (Seahawks and Tavaris Jackson), The Cardinals also have an easy opening schedule. The guy who took the Texans will probably be playing the DEF waiver wire game all season long too, you too could have fun trying to out waiver wire each other.

Meacham. I know with Colston being hurt, (as well as some other receivers) Meacham is the sexy play in NO, but saints WR's are too unpredictable to rely on IMO. The first target in the NO offense this year is going to be the TE Jimmy Graham. Followed by the Running backs, the you have a crapshoot at which WR Brees is in love with during this particular game. I personally would pick up Earl Bennett.

Owen Daniels. I'm not knocking Owen as a fantasy player, I think he'll have a great season points wise. I'm down on the pick you used for him. With other draftable TE's still on the board, you could have waited on Owens Talent, or at the very least gotten a Jimmy Graham or even Brandon Pettigrew waaay later. Even kept an eye on Lance Kendricks.
The TE position was so deep this season that I actually knocked all TE's down a few pegs on my draft board.

LT- Stick a fork in him, he's about to be done. He'll be worth playing at the beginning of the season, but only as a bye replacement, after about week 8 or so I'm expecting him to be a non factor. Watch the waiver wire and get a replacement when you can