View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011   #31
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: The "Rate My Draft" Thread

Well, I'm the only AFC south guy in this draft. Its a money league at work, and I put 60 bucks into it. I'm fairly certain 8 of the other 9 guys are serious about it as well. (one guy just drafted horribly though, like he only recognized names from Madden) They all have different views on who is good. Nearly everyone took a QB in the first 2 rounds, except for me and 2 other guys. I was shocked Fitz fell to me at the end of the second. Calvin Johnson was there too. Only 4 receivers were taken first 2 rounds. AJ, Hakeem Nicks, Larry Fitz, then Calvin Johnson.

I mostly went BPA on my draft board, except for the selections of Schaub and Graham. Schaub was the last starting caliber QB available and the guy behind me was one of the ones needing a QB too. So I snatched him. I was actually considering another RB2 talent when I pulled the trigger on Graham, because in my other leagues I was just waited till the last 2 rounds to get Kendricks and Hernandez. I'm glad I didn't wait in this one because they were gone before the 13th round this time

Edit:
I had the second pick. Ray Rice was my top rated prospect so, AP was number 2, Foster number 3. When I saw I had the second pick I knew I was going to get someone I wanted. Peyton got picked in the second. I forgot Roddy white went in the second. By the time it got to my pick again, the only good RBs left were, you know what I'll just show you the first 3 rounds

Round1
AP, Ray Rice, Arian Foster, Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, AJ, Aaron Rodgers, Mike Vick, Darren McFadden, Drew Brees,
Round2
Roddy White, Phillip Rivers, Desean Jackson (confused him with Nicks), Maurice Jones Drew, Lesean McCoy (for one fleeting second I thought he was going to fall to me), Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Tony Romo (ahahahahahaha), Larry Fitz, Rashard Mendenhall
Round 3
Calvin Johnson, Frank Gore, Michael Turner, Steven Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Lagerrete Blount, Peyton Hillis, Ahmad Bradshaw, Felix Jones, and Matt Forte.

So yeah, some people went way earlier than I thought they would, but the premium in this league is RB's with PPR potential and QB's. Alot of good receivers fell to the 4th, which explains how I got Miles Austin at the end of the 4th. Pretty much everyone is convinced their team is good. I'm fairly certain I have the best, if not one of the best.

Other strange things about this draft. Only 1 RB was taken in the 4th (Jahvid Best), 3 TE's were taken (Witten, V. Davis, A.Gates) the rest were WRs. Mark Ingram went in round 5, Mike Williams TB went at the end of round 5. The first defense was picked in round 6, Green Bay. Matt Ryan went 4 picks before I got Schaub. Deangelo Williams went after Schaub. Dez Bryant fell to the 7th, I was seriously thinking about taking him over TE Jimmy Graham, but I didn't think Graham would fall to the end of round 8, and him and OD were the last top flight TE's on the board before I would just wait till the end of the draft to get a TE. Wes Welker went at the end of round 7 too. I thought he would have been gone sooner. Really though, looking at rounds 4-14, I can't find any real bad picks. Even the guy who I thought had a bad draft, is looking better. If I look past MJD, and Peyton Hillis, who I think both will be injury risks this year, he's got a solid receiver corps, even though at first I though having Plaxico, Hines Ward, and Steve Smith (Carolina) was a Madden ratings approach.

Last edited by Brandon420tx; 09-07-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote