View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Rate My Draft" Thread

I just completed my first auction draft and I got shafted I think. Part of the problem was I missed the first half and my autobid didn't win on anyone...

Heres my team (12 team league)
QB Matt Ryan - $15 (ESPN average $11)
RB Ahmad Bradshaw - $23 (ESPN average $20)
RB LeGarrette Blount - $24 (ESPN average $22)
RB/WR DeSean Jackson - $17 (ESPN average $23)
WR Roddy White - $45 (ESPN average $41)
WR Reggie Wayne - $26 (ESPN average $23)
TE Jermichael Finley - $16 (ESPN average $12)
D/ST Steelers D/ST -$6 (ESPN average $7)
K Stephen Gostkowski - $1 (ESPN average $2)
BE Percy Harvin - $13 (ESPN average $11)
BE Joseph Addai - $8 (ESPN average $6)
BE Ryan Grant - $5 (ESPN average $12)

So out of $200 I spent $199
The "average value" of my team was $190

That extra $10 I could have used to upgrade someone a lot, for example making a $25 guy a $35 guy (Blount to SJax/Gore/Turner).

I made 2 big mistakes
1) The auto bidder sucks. Once I got into the draft, the big name guys were gone. My auto-bidder didn't bid on these because they went for too much money based on ESPN valuations. The problem with ESPN averages is that they didn't take into account the fact that our league used a small bench

2) Going with the "average" player. I have a team full of middle of the round guys, no real stars, and no real weaknesses. One guy in my league has P Rivers, Chris Johnson, and adrian peterson, and then a bunch of low money guys. That style looks to work much better...

What do yall think?