View Single Post
Old 08-02-2004   #1
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default August 2 practice session observations

Don’t want to get into a play by play analysis (). Here are some observations I had watching tonight’s practice session. Overall, I’d say that there was a little more contact than the practices I’ve seen before. Might have been a spillover from some things that happened in the morning session.

Domanick Davis – Seemed as if he was in mid-season form. Made the decision to go with the zone blocking scheme look like a stroke of genius. Outstanding as a receiver out the backfield. Looked like the best player on the field.

Tony Hollings – Didn’t look substantially bigger & stronger than last season. Had a poor session catching the football. Overpowered often during blitz pickup drill.

Jason Anderson – Closer in size to DD than Wells, but very put together. Very solid in every aspect (following blocks, catching with his hands rather than his body, positioning & strength in blitz pickup, gunner on punt coverage). Has the type of versatility needed in players at the bottom of the roster.

Derick Armstrong – Looked much thicker than last season. Reminds me now of JaJuan Thomas. Didn’t have a good practice.

Fred Weary – Looks to be in tremendous shape. I think he gets that this is the year to show he’s got what it takes.

Dunta Robinson – Had never seen Dunta prior to this practice. Can now say that I get why the Texans were so crazy about him. How can someone so small deliver such a blow (that’s what 260 lb TE Matt Murphy would like to know)? Answer: positioning, timing, fearlessness.

Jason Babin – Held his own against Mark Bruener on run plays. Which says a lot to me. Just overpowered most of the FBs & RBs during the blitz pickup drill.

Vontez Duff – Doesn’t have the suddenness (or the hands) associated with a punt returner. Kick returning might fit Duff better.

J.J. Moses – Judging from this session, still head & shoulders above the other returnmen. Caught everything with his hands, very confident. Still very, very small.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote