View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Rate My Draft" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Just looking at the first 5-6 rounds, I think the best drafts were the guys with the bottom 3 picks:
10 Michael Vick, Phi QB TDs and Beer
11 LeSean McCoy, Phi RB Big Ben Ruthlessbeaters
12 Drew Brees, NO QB Consistently Inconsistents

They seemed to get low risk guys that are sure to produce. I feel bad for that Connell guy, as he will probably have a terrible year given his picks. He took just about every guy that is being overdrafted due to past performances. Blount, Vjax, CJ1K, Plax, Nicks, Orton, all guys who I think are risky at best.

Your team looks pretty good, but personally I'm avoiding the Cardinals WRs and Kolb. I have Beanie Wells in one of my leagues, but he's a 3rd or 4th RB. I don't trust that team at all, they are on my FF blacklist along with the Titans, Broncos, Raiders, Jags, Colts, Bengals, 49ers, Vikings (except AP), Browns and Bucs. All teams that I expect to do poorly this season and don't want to take a risk on until after week 1.

I think Sam Bradford was a good pick, and I expect him to throw for 4000+ yards this season. After seeing what Josh McDaniels did with Kyle Freaking Orton in one year, I believe a guy like Bradford will turn into a beast this year. They got him some new weapons to work with, which spreads out the fantasy load on the receiving end, but I like him a lot for a QB. Your TE's are a bit off, but watch for the week 1 stars and see if you can find a guy that will be grabbing. I'm not a fan of Greg Olsen this year, or any of the past years, but he has Shockey in Carolina to compete with him for targets.

I'd say you came out of the draft with a better team than most of these guys. Good luck this year!
I feel OK with Fitz due to the fact that he had over 1100 yards and 6 touchdowns with Derek Anderson and John Skelton as his QB's. I think Kolb is an NFL starter and with Fitz could hook up for 1300 yards and 12 touchdowns.

I feel really set at RB with Rice, Jackson, Felix, and Greene. I think that any combo would put up good numbers each week depending on matchups, and that is the strength of my team. If Tate ends up starting as well I might move one of them if needed.

As far as Olsen, I wasnt going to reach in the 5th round for an Owen Daniels, or Dallas Clark. I expect to get as much out of Olsen as I would any other random scoring TE. But I think Cam Newton will rely on Olsen as his safety valve alot.

I hope you are right about Bradford as he could vault me into victory each week.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote