View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011   #431
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Ill admit that I was surprised to see Duane called in the first. I thought we were targeting Chris Williams in the first and since he was drafted ahead of us we accepted the trade down to 26. I think the Texans let the run on tackles get to them, and personally feel that a 2nd trade down still would have netted them Duane Brown. But maybe the NFL teams thought of Brown as well as we did and were prepaired to take him with a later 1 or early 2.

Sometimes you just have to stay where you are and take your man rather than trade down and end up with a guy you didnt like as much.
Looking back I am proud of my early analysis post and stand by it. Alot of posters in this thread cant say the same thing. Overreact much? SWTbound?

Looking back after the 3 year rule I can safely say that I am happy with this pick as you can never have enough good linemen and Brown is a good one.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote