Thread: Camping Indoors
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2004   #27
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
you hit the nail on the head with that one, MISTRIL. McClain has managed to hand out a few free tickets and other 'favors' to certain board members in a blatent attemt to ingratiate himself and get out of the 'hot seat' treatment that this board USED to give him.
I guess I need hit up McClain for some of that action, because I haven't received a thing in exchange for my support of him.

MISTRIL,
Sorry for taking so long, but I took a couple of days away from the internet. McClain not only is on the HOF selection committee, he is the head of it. I think that shows a little bit of respect from other writers. Also, when the Oilers went to Tennessee, McClain became one of the most popular radio guests in that state and still has quite a following over there. I think he does a once-a-week gig on the Titans official station. If you read his online question column, there are usually quite a few questions from Tennessee. He is also one of the selectors for the Texas Sports Hall of Fame and has done a lot with that organization.

I'm not related to McClain and have never even met him, I just think he is a informative NFL writer and an excellent radio personality. I wish McClain was covering the Texans because we would certainly get a lot more information in the Chronicle on them, but I can understand why he chose the less strenuous NFL gig.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote