View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011   #687
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jets/Texans preseason opener - GAMEDAY THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
WTF!! We won and they interview a Jet player??
Thought. The. Same. Thing.

LOL. I just giggled. The Jets are suddenly a competent team (after having sucked rocks for like the past forever) and it's nothing but Jets, 24/7/365.

"In news tonight, a man saved his wife and daughters from an early morning fire. The man, a war veteran and double-amputee who is blind, crawled and felt his way through the smoke and gave piggy back rides to every family member...whisking them to safety by army crawling with wife and kids upon his back. He miraculously has no burns on his body, and authorities are calling this the most heroic thing they have ever seen. Now, let's go to the seen where our on-site reporter is speaking with one of the Jets players. Andrea, how does Mark Sanchez feel about working with new receivers this year? Take it away. The public wants to know."

It would be infuriating if it were not so obviously hilarious.

BTW, Pat Forde today on Outside The Lines (ESPN) just hammered ESPN by saying that the essentially the Longhorn Network deal is what finally pissed off A&M enough to bolt for the SEC. The Big 12 is going to be undone (Missouri will likely consider going to SEC since they border two SEC states) by UT and ESPN. Forde said "I have no problem with networks being organized for the benefit of the WHOLE conference. But singling out ONE school seems, to me, to create a bias and an un-level playing field."