View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011   #296
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I consider that absolutely incorrect.

But that doesn't matter.

If you want to use the words that way, fine. We'll use your definitions.

In your vernacular, it was supposed to be double coverage with the safety picking up the inside half and the safety wasn't there.
Just saw this, but I dont think you understand what in saying.

If a corner is in man and a safety is in zone the safety is not playing one route, so therefore he can't be any one corners "inside help".

He's playing his zone and reading the qb.

Which brings me back to my original point. If a corner is playing man coverage on a receiver it's never acceptable to get beat and not be within range of the guy they are holding.

The purpose of a safety helping out a corner is to force double coverage. The safety is not supposed to completely bail the corner out.

Kareem was beaten so bad on plays last year that even if a safety would have been in position it'd still be a one on one play.

Safeties are reading the play as a whole. They aren't supposed to be a cb's personal guardian.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote